We hereby inform you about the processing of your personal data by our law firm as well as your rights.
1. NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS OF THE DATA CONTROLLER AND THE COMPANY DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
This data protection information apply to data processing
PPR & PARTNER Pape Rauh Rechtsanwälte PartG mbB
Tel: 0211 828 929 0
Fax: 0211 828 929 29
as the data controller (hereinafter “PPR & PARTNER”).
The PPR & PARTNER's data protection officer can be reached at the above address and/or at .
2 . COLLECTION AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA AND NATURE AND PURPOSE OF USE
Should you engage us for legal representation, we will collect the following information:
- title, first name, surname;
- a valid email address;
- postal address;
- telephone number (landline and/or mobile);
- information necessary for the assertion and defence of your rights in the framework of the client instruction.
This data is collected
- to identify you as our client;
- to provide you with appropriate legal advice and representation;
- to correspond with you;
- for invoicing;
- to process any liability claims which may exist and to assert any claims against you.
The data processing takes place at your request and is necessary pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1, sentence 1 b of the GDPR for the stated purposes for the appropriate processing of the client instruction and for the mutual fulfilment of obligations from the client-instruction contract.
The personal data collected by us for the client instruction will be stored until the end of the statutory retention period for attorneys (6 years after the end of the calendar year in which the client instruction ended) and then deleted, unless we are otherwise obliged to comply with a longer retention period in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 c of the GDPR, due to tax and commercial-law storage and documentation obligations (from HGB, StGB or AO) or you have consented to further storage pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 a of the GDPR.
3. DISCLOSURE OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
Your personal data will be disclosed to third parties insofar as this is necessary for the processing of the client relationship with you in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 b of the GDPR. This particularly includes disclosure to opponents and their representatives (in particular their attorneys), as well as courts and other public authorities, for the purpose of correspondence and to assert and defend your rights. The data disclosed may only be used by the third party for the stated purposes.
Attorney-client privilege remains unaffected. As far as data which is subject to attorney-client privilege is concerned, that data will only be disclosed to third parties in consultation with you.
4. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You have the right:
- pursuant to Article 7 paragraph 3 of the GDPR, to revoke the consent you have given to us at any time. As a result of such revocation, we are no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Article 15 of the GDPR. In particular, you can obtain information about the processing purposes, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned retention period, the existence of a right to correction, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, right to request the origin of your data, if not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if necessary, meaningful information about the details thereof;
- in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR, to immediately request correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Article 17 of the GDPR, to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Article 18 of the GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to consent its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you require them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to said processing pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR;
- in accordance with Article 20 of the GDPR, to receive in a structured, common and machine-readable format your personal data which you have provided to us or to request transmission to another data controller; and
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 of the GDPR. Usually you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or work or at our office.
4. RIGHT TO OBJECT
IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED ON THE BASIS OF LEGITIMATE INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ARTICLE 6 PARAGRAPH 1 SENTENCE 1 F OF THE GDPR, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN ACCORDANCE WITH ARTICLE 21 OF THE GDPR, PROVIDED THERE ARE REASONS FOR THIS, ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE USE OF YOUR OBJECTION RIGHT, SENDING AN EMAIL TO SUFFICE: